h5md-user

Re: [h5md-user] Developer's Meeting?

From: Peter Colberg
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] Developer's Meeting?
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 21:36:17 -0400

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 09:45:13AM +0200, Konrad Hinsen wrote:
> Sites like Savannah or Github are great for development, but they

I had a quick look at the download are offered by Savannah. If we
limit H5MD example files to the order of 10MB each (e.g. [1]) and
a reasonable number of files, we should be fine. Savannah provides
a network of ~20 mirrors [2]. (For my area, Savannah redirects to
mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca, which happens to mirror the Debian
distribution in its entirety.)

[1] http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/espressomd/
[2] http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/00_MIRRORS.html

For testing, I uploaded two files generated by pyh5md [3]. After the
files have been mirrored, I will add them to the h5md repository using
git-annex, along with a guide on how to use git-annex to retrieve and
upload files.

[3] http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/h5md/examples/

Note that everyone can add example files, either by providing an
H5MD maintainer with a URL (preferably valid for a year or a few),
or by requesting a pull from their git repository containing a
git-annex link to a URL.

Peter