h5md-user

[h5md-user] Markdown

From: Peter Colberg
Subject: [h5md-user] Markdown
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:25:13 -0400

Hi all,

a quick poll concerning a technical issue:

Would you support a switch of the documentation from restructuredText
to Pandoc's Markdown [1]? I recently switched all my packages to
Markdown, and knowing Markdown, rst can be annyoing to write in.

[1] http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html#pandocs-markdown

Note that this switch is only possible if the restructuredText output
of Pandoc is sufficient for subsequent processing with python-sphinx.
I am confident this would work, given that we already had a very good
experience converting restructuredText to LaTeX for a publication.

Since I maintain the infrastructure of the H5MD documentation:

+2 ;-)

Peter