h5md-user

Re: [h5md-user] Markdown

From: Felix Höfling
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] Markdown
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:21:20 +0200

Am 24.09.2013, 03:30 Uhr, schrieb Peter Colberg <address@hidden>:

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 04:25:13PM -0400, Peter Colberg wrote:
Would you support a switch of the documentation from restructuredText
to Pandoc's Markdown [1]? I recently switched all my packages to
Markdown, and knowing Markdown, rst can be annyoing to write in.

[1] http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html#pandocs-markdown

Sorry for the noise.

That was so easy that I simply did it. Good riddance!

Peter

-1

pandoc does not work for me, it does not exist in the OpenSuSE repositories and I did not manage to build it myself. Sphinx is found in many distros and is easy to build. There is no benefit in changing the text format, it just causes trouble for other people. Remember: the workload goes into the content, not the formatting.

Felix