h5md-user

Re: [h5md-user] Markdown

From: Peter Colberg
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] Markdown
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:51:53 -0400

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 12:21:20PM +0200, Felix Höfling wrote:
> -1
>
> pandoc does not work for me, it does not exist in the OpenSuSE
> repositories and I did not manage to build it myself. Sphinx is
> found in many distros and is easy to build. There is no benefit in
> changing the text format, it just causes trouble for other people.
> Remember: the workload goes into the content, not the formatting.

I am sorry for the trouble, but I thought this was the idea?

With rst, I always have to compile the document to HTML to see if
I messed up the formatting (`hyper <link>`_, verbatim follows::).
The markdown format allows composing the text without compilation.

The hope is that anybody can contribute, without needing sphinx or pandoc.

Peter

--
git clone http://git.colberg.org/packages
cd packages