h5md-user

Re: [h5md-user] H5MD 1.1 roadmap

From: Peter Colberg
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] H5MD 1.1 roadmap
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 16:51:40 -0500

Hi all,

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 04:36:48PM +0100, Pierre de Buyl wrote:
> To allow for some time but also bring in these needed updates I propose to
> leave
> a calendar month from now before applying the updates.
>
> I have created a directory "releases" in the repository and copied the current
> version there.

Pierre, it’s great that you are evolving H5MD!

For now I don’t have anything to add to your proposals. But I have
two minor remarks with regard to project organisation.

For previous versions of H5MD, the repository already contains tags
that can be checked out to retrieve the full specification including
rules to produce HTML and PDF. Would you mind if commit 1a2fadf were
reverted?

What appears useful however is uploading HTML files for each tagged
commit to the website, which I can integrate into the repository hook.

The tags are getting messy:

  # git tag
  1.0.0
  1.1.0-dev
  v1.0_rc
  v1.0_rc2
  v1.0_rc3

Could we agree on <MAJOR>.<MINOR>.<RELEASE>-rc<RC> for tags preceeding
releases? The 1.1.0-dev seems unneeded given that master contains the
latest development anyway. However, it would be good to prepare
1.1.0-rc1 by integrating the proposals in the specification.

Peter