[Health-dev] GNU Health in a FreeBSD jail

From: Christoph H. Larsen
Subject: [Health-dev] GNU Health in a FreeBSD jail
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 16:02:32 +0300

Dear All,

I had - finally - some time to install the latest release of GNU Health.

This is what I got under the hood, all inside a FreeBSD jail:

===>>> Root ports (No dependencies, not depended on)
===>>> bigreqsproto-1.1.1
===>>> gperf-3.0.3
===>>> inputproto-2.0.2
===>>> libcheck-0.9.8
===>>> libtool-2.4_1
===>>> nullmailer-1.05_4,1
===>>> portaudit-0.5.17
===>>> portmaster-3.10
===>>> unzip-6.0_1
===>>> xcmiscproto-1.2.1
===>>> xf86bigfontproto-1.2.0
===>>> xorg-macros-1.15.0
===>>> 12 root ports

===>>> Trunk ports (No dependencies, are depended on)
===>>> cyrus-sasl-2.1.25_1
===>>> expat-2.0.1_2
===>>> font-util-1.2.0
===>>> fontsproto-2.1.1
===>>> jpeg-8_3
===>>> kbproto-1.0.5
===>>> libiconv-1.13.1_1
===>>> libltdl-2.4_1
===>>> libsigsegv-2.10
===>>> m4-1.4.16,1
===>>> pcre-8.20
===>>> perl-threaded-5.12.4_2
===>>> pkg-config-0.25_1
===>>> png-1.4.8
===>>> printproto-1.0.5
===>>> python27-2.7.2_2
===>>> renderproto-0.11.1
===>>> xextproto-7.2.0
===>>> 18 trunk ports

===>>> Branch ports (Have dependencies, are depended on)
===>>> bitstream-vera-1.10_5
===>>> cairo-1.10.2_2,1
===>>> encodings-1.0.4,1
===>>> font-bh-ttf-1.0.3
===>>> font-misc-ethiopic-1.0.3
===>>> font-misc-meltho-1.0.3
===>>> fontconfig-2.8.0_1,1
===>>> freetype2-2.4.7
===>>> gamin-0.1.10_4
===>>> gawk-4.0.0
===>>> gd-2.0.35_7,1
===>>> gettext-0.18.1.1
===>>> gio-fam-backend-2.28.8
===>>> glib-2.28.8_1
===>>> gobject-introspection-0.10.8
===>>> graphviz-2.28.0
===>>> libICE-1.0.7,1
===>>> libSM-1.2.0,1
===>>> libX11-1.4.4,1
===>>> libXau-1.0.6
===>>> libXaw-1.0.8,1
===>>> libXdmcp-1.1.0
===>>> libXext-1.3.0_1,1
===>>> libXfont-1.4.4,1
===>>> libXft-2.1.14
===>>> libXmu-1.1.0,1
===>>> libXp-1.0.1,1
===>>> libXpm-3.5.9
===>>> libXrender-0.9.6
===>>> libXt-1.0.9
===>>> libffi-3.0.9
===>>> libfontenc-1.1.0
===>>> libgcrypt-1.5.0
===>>> libgpg-error-1.10
===>>> libpthread-stubs-0.3_3
===>>> libxcb-1.7
===>>> libxml2-2.7.8_1
===>>> libxslt-1.1.26_3
===>>> mkfontdir-1.0.6
===>>> mkfontscale-1.0.9
===>>> pango-1.28.4
===>>> pixman-0.22.2
===>>> postgresql-client-9.1.1_1
===>>> py27-Jinja2-2.6
===>>> py27-MarkupSafe-0.15
===>>> py27-asn1-0.0.13,1
===>>> py27-asn1-modules-0.0.1a
===>>> py27-cairo-1.8.10
===>>> py27-docutils-0.8.1
===>>> py27-mx-base-3.1.3
===>>> py27-parsing-1.5.6
===>>> py27-pycha-0.6.0
===>>> py27-pygments-1.4
===>>> py27-setuptools-0.6c11_1
===>>> py27-yaml-3.10
===>>> xcb-util-0.3.6_1
===>>> xorg-fonts-truetype-7.5.1
===>>> xproto-7.0.22
===>>> 58 branch ports

===>>> Leaf ports (Have dependencies, not depended on)
===>>> bdftopcf-1.0.3
===>>> bison-2.4.3,1
===>>> gmake-3.82
===>>> mc-light-4.1.40.p9_8
===>>> openldap-sasl-client-2.4.26
===>>> py27-Genshi-0.6
===>>> py27-PyWebDAV-0.9.4.1
===>>> py27-dateutil-1.5
===>>> py27-ldap2-2.4.3
===>>> py27-lxml-2.3.1
===>>> py27-openssl-0.13
===>>> py27-pip-1.0.2
===>>> py27-polib-0.4.1
===>>> py27-psycopg-1.1.21_1
===>>> py27-pydot-1.0.2_3
===>>> py27-pytz-2011k
===>>> py27-relatorio-0.5.5
===>>> py27-simplejson-2.2.1
===>>> py27-sphinx-1.0.7
===>>> xcb-proto-1.6
===>>> xtrans-1.2.6
===>>> 21 leaf ports

===>>> 109 total installed ports

My /usr/local/etc/trytond.conf looks like this:

#This file is part of Tryton.  The COPYRIGHT file at the top level of
#this repository contains the full copyright notices and license terms.

[options]
# Configure the IP address for trytond
# If empty, the server will listen on all available interfaces
#interface =
interface = 127.0.1.108

# Activate the netrpc protocol
#netrpc = True
# Configure the port for the netrpc protocol to listen
#netport = 8070

# Activate the xml-rpc protocol
#xmlrpc = False
# Configure the port for the xml-rpc protocol to listen
#xmlport = 8069

# Activate the json-rpc protocol
#jsonrpc = False
# Configure the port for the json-rpc protocol to listen
#jsonport = 8000
# Configure the path of json-rpc data
#jsondata_path = /var/www/localhost/tryton

# Activate the webdav protocol
#webdav = False
webdav = True
# Configure the port for the webdav protocol to listen
#webdavport = 8080

# Configure the database type
# allowed values are postgresql, sqlite, mysql
#db_type = postgresql

# Configure the database connection
## Note: Only databases owned by db_user will be displayed in the connection dialog
## of the Tryton client. db_user must have create permission for new databases
## to be able to use automatic database creation with the Tryton client.
#db_host = False
db_host = 127.0.1.104
#db_port = False
db_port = 5432
#db_user = False
db_user = tryton
#db_password = False
db_password = [tryton database user password]
#db_minconn = 1
#db_maxconn = 64

# Configure the postgresql path for the executable
#pg_path = None

# Configure the Tryton server password
#admin_passwd = admin
admin_passwd = [admin superuser password]

# Configure the path of the files for the pid and the logs
#pidfile = False
pidfile = /var/run/trytond/trytond.pid
#logfile = False
logfile = /var/log/trytond/trytond.log

# Enable secure connection with SSL
#secure_netrpc = False
secure_netrpc = True
#secure_xmlrpc = False
#secure_jsonrpc = False
#secure_webdav = False
secure_webdav = True
#privatekey = server.pem
privatekey = /etc/ssl/private/erp.jail.vlan.key.pem
#certificate = server.pem
certificate = /etc/ssl/certs/erp.jail.vlan.crt.pem

# Configure the SMTP connection
#smtp_server = localhost
smtp_server = mail.jail.vlan
#smtp_port = 25
#smtp_ssl = False
#smtp_tls = False
#smtp_password = False
#smtp_user = False

# Configure the path to store attachments and sqlite database
#data_path = /var/lib/trytond
data_path = /home/tryton

# Limit the number of threads
#max_thread = 40

# Allow to run more than one instance of trytond
#multi_server = False

# Configure the session timeout (inactivity of the client in sec)
#session_timeout = 600

# Enable psyco module
# Need to have psyco installed http://psyco.sourceforge.net/
#psyco = False
psyco = True

# Enable auto-reload of modules if changed
#auto_reload = True

# Prevent database listing
#prevent_dblist = False

My FreeBSD-style rc.d startup script looks like this (feel free to include in your distribution!):

#!/bin/sh
#
# PROVIDE: trytond
# REQUIRE: DAEMON
# BEFORE:  LOGIN

. /etc/rc.subr

name=trytond
rcvar=`set_rcvar`

load_rc_config $name

: ${trytond_enable="NO"}
: ${trytond_user="tryton"}
: ${trytond_group="tryton"}

start_cmd=${name}_start
stop_cmd=${name}_stop
restart_cmd=${name}_restart
status_cmd=${name}_status

command="/usr/local/bin/trytond"
required_files="/usr/local/etc/trytond.conf"

trytond_start() {
 su tryton -c "$command --config=/usr/local/etc/trytond.conf" &
}

trytond_stop() {
if [ -f /var/run/${name}/${name}.pid ]; then
 kill `cat /var/run/${name}/${name}.pid`
 fi
}

trytond_restart() {
 if [ -f /var/run/${name}/${name}.pid ]; then
 kill `cat /var/run/${name}/${name}.pid`
 sleep 1
 fi
 su tryton -c "$command --config=/usr/local/etc/trytond.conf" &
}

run_rc_command "$1"

And this is what I get when trying to start up the trytond server - with or without the /usr/local/etc/trytond.conf file, and with or withouyt psycopg2 (depending on the settings in the former file):

File "/usr/local/bin/trytond", line 104, in <module>
    trytond.server.TrytonServer(options).run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/trytond/server.py", line 30, in __init__
    CONFIG.update_etc(options['configfile'])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/trytond/config.py", line 109, in update_etc
    get_port(netloc, name)) for netloc in value.split(',')]
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'split'

Unfortunately, neither -v nor --debug yield any more detailled diagnostics.
Setting psyco to FALSE, does no make any difference. Likewise, disabling SSL connections to both the database server and the client does not yield any solution, nor any different error message.
Any thoughts? As the installation procedure works like a charm in Debian without vservers, etc, on my notebook, I begin to wonder, whether this error has anything to do with FreeBSD-specific settings, including jails? Or, should I start using pip at an earlier stage (as I have, see above, used FreeBSD's port system to the max, i.e. just prior to installing trytond itself)...
Any thoughts? The Caribbean CAREC reference lab wouldl love to get a taste of GNU Health, on top of Bika Health, so there is some embarrassing urgency involved. Not to mention Afghanistan ;-).

Thanks a million, and till soon!

Chris

--
Dr. Christoph H. Larsen