Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health at system start

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health at system start
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 11:47:12 -0300

Hi Emilien !
On 02/08/2013 09:42, Emilien Klein wrote:
> FYI the Debian packages (version 2.0.0 is ready and should be uploaded
> soon to experimental, unstable to follow) has those files already. It
> starts a Tryton server specifically for GNU Health (there is also
> another one running from the Tryton package itself, we have to see
> what's best to do).
>
> You can have a look at [0]. There's a little bit that's dependand on the
> layout of the Debian package, so you might want to also look at the init
> script provided with the Debian Tryton package [1].
>
> [0]
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/gnuhealth/trunk/debian/gnuhealth-server.init?view=markup
> [1]
> http://debian.tryton.org/gitweb?p=packages/tryton-server.git;a=blob;f=debian/tryton-server.init;h=1d25d688b27680ae265be25a6ab952d35af04e46;hb=HEAD

Thanks a lot for this info. I bet it can be used in most debian based
distros that use the start-stop-daemon command. It uses the gnuhealth
user, so it fits just fine for those distros.

Kaushik, could you try in your Ubuntu box and get back to us .

For Parabola / Arch Linux users we will use systemctl to start the
tryton server service.

Best,

--
Luis Falcon