Re: [Health-dev] Steps to set up a development environement

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Steps to set up a development environement
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 10:55:42 +0000

Hi Emilien
On 07/03/14 05:24, Emilien Klein wrote:
> Hi -dev list,
>
> In order to help with the FHIR development [0] I am setting up a
> development environment.
> I have created a new VM (Ubuntu 13.10) and am wondering what the
> needed steps are.
>
> - Should I just install the current GNU Health version, and then go an
> remove the health* directories in the python installation path? Or
> install Tryton, and then manually all dependencies for GNU Health?
> - How do you test your development? Do you symlink your development
> folder, or do you have to run an install command after each change
> (hopefully not)
> - What other tricks do you use to make developing GNU Health easier?

For development we don't use the gnu health installer (although we could
create one).

Since we're going to be using the *development* branch (default), the
best is to clone that branch.

Similarly, GNU Health 2.6 will be Tryton 3.2 compatible, so you need to
get the latest Tryton server and modules from the Tryton mercurial server.

For now, the list of tryton modules remain the same as in the stable
installer.

Once you have the two repos, just symlink the gnuhealth modules to the
trytond/modules/ dir .

> We'll integrate these answers on our wikibook [1] so that it becomes
> reproducible for other future contributors.
I just updated a couple of things on naming conventions and the custom
directory for local projects.

Best,

--
GNU Health : The Free Health and Hospital Information System
http://health.gnu.org