Re: [Health-dev] [task #13095] Auto complete default values on prescript

From: Emilien Klein
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #13095] Auto complete default values on prescription
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 23:38:10 +0200

Hi Andrew,

<address@hidden>:
> Hi Luis and the GNU Health team
>
> Might it be better if GNU Health could be "pre-
> loaded" with the WHO medicines formatted as medicament PRODUCTS?
>
> This might
> help small clinics / hospitals get up and running much quicker.
>
> The senior
> doctor or senior pharmacist from each institution could check the GNU Health
> default descriptions and accept or make minor amendments.
>
> This will be quite a
> lot of "one off" work for someone to do. Do you think it is worth doing?

I think it is worth doing, but if doing, we need to do it right.
As you mention, it's going to be a lot of work for one person.

Couldn't this be worked on with in combination with a currently
installed or installing hospital, where the parmacists would review
the build and we make sure it gets uploaded to the upstream GNU Health
repository?

I'm afraid we (you?) would do the work, but that nobody would be able
to use it without doing major modifications, which is too bad for the
time already invested.

if a pharmacist is already working on it, it would provide better
quality for all if we could include his work back upstream.

Thoughts?
    +Emilien