[Health-dev] Creating a local formulary / medicines product list for Try

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Health-dev] Creating a local formulary / medicines product list for Tryton / GNU Health
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 13:49:11 +0100 (BST)

Thanks for your thoughts Emilien, I think I might have the answer at last!

It
has become apparent to me that each country - and sub-regions of countries -
has its own local prescribing list/medicines formulary. So that every clinic /
hospital that uses GNU Health will need to build their own individual list of
medication products.

This could be made easier by supplying them with the
medicament data table from GNU Health - see attached ODS spreadsheet. The
product would need to be entered in the "Name" column.

If Luis could add extra
columns to this database table then we could also include the default
prescribing fields for each product.

Amoxicillin 500 mg capsules | 500 | mg |
oral | every 8 hours | for 7 days | 21 | capsules

Also, the medication
products will first need setting up in the main "Tryton" product section of GNU
Health before they can be "imported" into GNU Health. This could also be done
by up loading a pre-configured spreadsheet = CSV file.

Do you agree Luis?

Regards

Andrew