Re: [Health-dev] Quantity at service line is an interger

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Quantity at service line is an interger
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 12:22:56 +0100

Hi Bounmy !
On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 05:17:01 +0700
Bounmy Sihaphom <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Luis!
> Thanks for your kind reply.I am still thinking the Integer qty should
> be discussed more.
> ... We cannot enter 1.19 or 1.07 into the qty field, can someone help?
>
> Product / services should be integers.
> I think that you should be able to differentiate the product price by
> using price lists, which are quite flexible and allow you to do
> different combinations depending on the patient.
> Then I have to triple the number of product by 3 if I have 3 types of
> patients (429 x 3=1287), which I like to avoid.Personally,
> personally, i still want to find a way of making qty is a float
> unless there is a very reasonable fact behind this.
I still don't get why you need to use float for product / services
lines.
In products, you can use Unit of Measures, which should deal with
different amounts.

I think I'm not understanding your point. But you should be able to
achieve most (all?) scenarios with pricelists and the product Unit
of Measure (UoM) , using always integers (so 0.5 hours can be encoded
as 30 mins, for instance)

Let's have an IRC talk and we'll try to solve it.

Best,