Re: [Health-dev] Fw: Medication product strength.

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Fw: Medication product strength.
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 13:12:49 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks Luis for the insightful reply.

We need to somehow develop the idea of
"Product Strength" (how much active ingredient is contained in an actual
dose
unit) and how we can create a medication product database/dataset which will
allow interchangable calculations of dose in g/mg/microgram or
capsules/tablets/ml/doses.

Prescribers need the flexibility to prescribe in mg
or capsules so GNU Health will need some sort of conversion table/calculation
which will need to be configured for each medication product by a clinical
administrator.

I attach a spreadsheet to illustrate what I mean.

Over to you
to work out how best to do this computationally :-)

Regards

Andrew