Re: [Health-dev] Fw: Medication product strength and default prescribing

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Fw: Medication product strength and default prescribing fields. Should we tackle them together?
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 12:31:18 +0000

Hi Abdul !
On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 22:27:46 +0300
Abdul Alkbayer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Just a couple of thoughts!
>
> I'm trying to get some workflow for in-patient rounding, out-patient
> and in-patient pharmacy, and see if this could be incorporated into
> the system as a generic processes.
Those will be very welcome, thanks !

> Some times the Pharmacist needs to adjust the dose or reject the drug
> for certain reasons, and if the physician insists, he/she should take
> the responsibility and sign a specific form.
If we are in the inpatient settings ( Hospitalizations -> Medication
Plan -> Medication log ) the health professional that administers the
drug can make the remarks she / he considers appropiate at the moment
of the administration

May be this is a good place for it, although is not from the pharmacist
view, but from the actual person who administers the drug.

Let us know your thoughts
Best,