Re: [Health-dev] Show the DU address in the main person info

From: Cédric Krier
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Show the DU address in the main person info
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 16:57:47 +0700

On 2016-04-16 08:16, Luis Falcon wrote:
> Hello
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 09:52:05 +0700
> Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On 2016-04-15 22:03, Luis Falcon wrote:
> > > Regarding the other addresses, they are way more generic, and are
> > > valid for physical person or company, and have other usages, such
> > > as shipping addresses . They are in the general tab, so it's not
> > > necessary now to go there.
> >
> > By the way, I never understood why DU is not an address with a flag
> > "DU" on it like the flags "Invoice", "Delivery" etc.
> > And of course some extra field could be added on it.
> >
> They are two different concepts:
>
> A Domiciliary Unit is unique physical location, with demographic and
> epidemiological significance. The DU has the potential of having people
> on it, but that is just one property. The DU has many attributes, such
> as infrastructure, georeference, current inhabitants, ... ),

This properties could also be added to address and even only for DU
typed if needed.

> and is uniquely referenced.

I think the uniqueness property only exists in perfect world.
I think in real case use there will be duplicates then it will require a
way to unify them. So as such tool is needed any way, it could be
applied on the address also. Indeed I'm thinking about a task that
compares addresses to find similar to link them together under common
reference (it could also reformat the data).

Also the current DU design is very close to the address model except it
has some assumption on the system used in the country like 'street
number' or 'street bis'. It doesn't get benefit of the country.zip as
address does.

> Another major difference is that in Tryton, a party is required to
> create an address, whereas in GNU Health DU is not necessary, and
> its members are dynamic.

This will be solved by the "common reference" usage. Also I think there
is a missing feature in the current GNU Health design which is that
patient can have only one DU. For example, there are some people who
lives half of the year in one place and the other half on another place.

> In Tryton and many addresses not necessarily have demographic or health
> significance (eg, PO boxes).

This is not a problem because we are talking about few columns that will
be sparse.

> They are just different concepts.

For me, it is a huge duplicated feature which could bring synergy if it
would be merged.

PS: No need to put me in CC of answers, I'm subscribed to the mailing list.
--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: address@hidden