[Health-dev] Fw: Development snapshot for upcoming 3.6 series [Was:Re: H

From: Cornelius Lee
Subject: [Health-dev] Fw: Development snapshot for upcoming 3.6 series [Was:Re: Health-dev Digest, Vol 97, Issue 3]
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 02:00:31 +0000

Hi Luis,

FYI.

Regards,
Cornelius

From: Cornelius Lee <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:55 AM
To: Luis Falcon <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Development snapshot for upcoming 3.6 series [Was:Re: [Health-dev] Health-dev Digest, Vol 97, Issue 3]

Hi Luis,

> When you provide the argument --user to pip3 it will install it underhe user's .local dir.
   Ah yes.  You are indeed right. Thank you.

> The GNU Health RC file (.gnuhealthrc) is for the server environment, but of course it will work if you also have the client on it.
   Great! =)

> Great ! Actually, when using the tarball, there is no need to run setup.py. You should be able to run the client directly from the gnuhealth-client/bin dir.
   Ah ok....as you can tell by now, I am still picking up python along the way. =)

> The health_federation module allows you to configure the GH HMIS node to be able to communicate to Thalamus and the Federation. It also enables the Federation Queue. Once you install the module, set up the connectivity params on the Configuration menu. If you want to bring information from the GNU Health Information System into your local GH HMIS instance, you need the Federation Resource Locator (FRL) plugin for the gnuhealth client. It currently manages the "people" resource. You might want to take a look a these docs :
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/GNU_Health_Federation
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Federation_Technical_Guide

Ahh,.. Great,..Thank you.
I will look through them and report back as soon as I can.

   I am trying to connect to the health DB which is documented in the following URL: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation

> Did you initialize a new 3.5 local instance?

Yes. In fact, for starters, I am setting up the whole infrastructure on a single VM.
ie. I have both gnuhealth 3.5 server & client on the same machine for the time being to eliminate any network configuration issues.
If both server and client works/behaves as documented, I will eventually deploy it on a production server.
By then I will have only the network configuration issues to solve.
All this is done with the given daily snapshot here:

Thank you and best regards,
Cornelius