Re: [Health-dev] Translation: Where some problems come from Re: Problema

From: tumashu
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Translation: Where some problems come from Re: Problematic strings in code
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 09:15:32 +0800 (CST)

At 2020-04-12 20:23:40, "Francisco Vila" <address@hidden> wrote:
>El 11/4/20 a las 19:51, Francisco Vila escribió:
>> While translating, I've found some strings problematic or
>> untranslatable. I could do a fragile/volatile translation but my idea
>> was to try fixing the code instead.
>I understand i18n or translation are not "priority zero" at present
>time. But every person does what he can.
>
>It has been hard to track where these strange strings come from, as they
>are not in the code as such:
>
>   tryton/health/locale/health.pot:
>
>   msgctxt "report:gnuhealth.immunization_status_report:"
>   msgid "P"
>
>   msgctxt "report:gnuhealth.immunization_status_report:"
>   msgid "atient age"
>
>   msgctxt "report:gnuhealth.immunization_status_report:"
>   msgid "the i"
>
>   msgctxt "report:gnuhealth.immunization_status_report:"
>   msgid "mmunization status corresponding to the"
>
>et cetera.
>
>These come from an odt document and can only be searched in the
>content.xml inside it:
>
>   <text:p text:style-name="P32">
>   <text:span text:style-name="T7">P</text:span>
>   <text:span text:style-name="T8">atient age</text:span>
>   <text:span text:style-name="T14"> :</text:span>
>
>   <text:span text:style-name="T13"> the i</text:span>
>   mmunization status corresponding to the
>
> From the actual look of the document (see attached), one can say there
>is no reason for those useless word-splitting character-span styles and
>therefore they should be eliminated.
>
>You can also see this (and some similar ones) is where many
>ortho-typographic errors come from, like inserted spaces before a colon.
>This is not proper English and causes problems for translators.
>
>I could in theory craft an ODT 'surgically' modified by editing the
>content.xml itself, but I don't know if it is the best way.
>
>Any suggestions?

Maybe:
1. we should include xml files of ODT in repo, instead of ODT file.
    when install gnuhealth, auto create ODT file from xml files.
    similar: https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/master/etc
2. we should include a ODT2po tool,  Before we update ODT file, we should
    get its po file to check what po item update.