Re: [Health] GNU HEALTH LIVE CD

From: Kostis Mousafiris
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU HEALTH LIVE CD
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 10:46:39 +0200

Good morning to everybody in the list,
I would like to express my positive opinion in favour of the request that Raymond has presented.

I am a medical doctor and I am already using a different EMR free/libre software package,
but I was all too keen in experimenting with something new and promising.
I quite like the overall spirit of the GNU health project and I am currently translating its interface in Greek. I have repeatedly tried to install GNU health in the recent past, just in order to try it out.

However, I have to admit defeat as all my attempts were unsuccessful and even when I asked for help from some more experienced people (with GNU/Linux admin knowledge), we were not able to get it up and running!!

Ok, I know, it may be that we may have committed some of technical mistake, we may have skipped some critical bit of the installation instruction manual, and so on and so forth.

But the bottom line is that if we are to captivate the attention of the average user, and exert some appeal to those without technical expertise, then I would go strongly advocate for the creation of a live CD where one could find an already functional version of GNU Health together with Tryton and in so doing we will have eliminated all the pains of the installation procedure....

Just my two-pennies worth...

Thanks a lot

Constantine