Re: [Health] GNU HEALTH LIVE CD

From: Raymond Omeni
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU HEALTH LIVE CD
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 17:30:20 +0100

Axel,

I have waited for Kostis's response concerning ''the one-click'' installation of GNU Health on OpenSUSE to ascertain the ease of installation on openSUSUE. But going by the instructions on the link you provided in the email to Kostis, I would say it takes quite a number of clicks to install GNU Health on OpenSUSE.

Majority of those who are in position to evaluate and enventually adopt GNU Health may not be people with horned skills in IT, therefore if the installation involves too many technical details, there will be a preference for an easier EMR installation.

 I know it may require a lot of work from the GNU Health technical crew but in my opinion(and I guess the opinion of many silent voices), a live CD of pre-installed GNU Health with the option of installation to hard disk is the way to go. This way, people can easily easily evaluate GNU Health and decide whether to install it or not on hard drive.

Best regards,

Raymond Omeni