Re: [Health] Assistance in tryton login (GNU Health 2.6 / KDE 4 / 32bit

From: antony Seven
Subject: Re: [Health] Assistance in tryton login (GNU Health 2.6 / KDE 4 / 32bit .)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 17:38:29 +0300

i have it running in in a virtual machine.. all the users are working perfectly .. . but i cant seem to get the thing working on the network .. i am using the host machine as the client and the virtual guest as the server ..

i gave the server box a static ip "10.10.10.50" .. when i ping the ip from the router or from any other box on the network it seems to be working fine.

following the wiki at https://code.google.com/p/tryton/wiki/InstallationonopenSUSE  i change the IPV4 setting in the (/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf) from "127.0.0.1" to my LAN subnet "10.10.10.0/24" . i cant access the server even from the server machine.

am sure i am missing something but i have tried figuring it out all night .. with no success yet

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 1:07 AM, Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Antony

Am Freitag, 29. August 2014, 10:16:24 schrieb antony Seven:

> one more thing Axel, i am planning to role out this instance of gnu health
> in a network environment, i have deployed php web apps and even some java
> but python,  PostgreSQL and tryton ? never before.. ironically i am fair in
> python but in the likes of security / automation scripting.
>
> how would i go about deploying this app in a server client setting on a
> network.

There are various things to evaluate before giving a final answer, but a good
start may be:
- Get GNUHealth installed on a physical or virtual server (see GNUHealth or
Tryton documentation)
- configure it technically  - in a local network you may omit e.g. SSL and
create all functional entities (hospital, doctors, etc)
- get the server known to your local network (change (D)DNS settings)
- install the Tryton-client on the local machines
- in the client, create a profile to connect to the server

Thats it basically....

> Finally i want to thank you for your time, effort, sacrifice and motivation
> into the GNU HEALTH community. i am a drupalist and learning from drupal
> community and how we relate and assist in the project, i salute you Alex
> its because of people like you that the open source community continues to
> lead in the software industry.

Thanks for this, but I feel the credit has to go to Luis and the GNU Health
Team as well as to the Tryton Community.

Best wishes
Axel