Re: [Health] Assistance in tryton login (GNU Health 2.6 / KDE 4 / 32bit

From: antony Seven
Subject: Re: [Health] Assistance in tryton login (GNU Health 2.6 / KDE 4 / 32bit .)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 22:16:18 +0300

I have been having trouble with opening up any graphical application, root privileges are working fine in the terminal but none of the graphical applications  are opening, even after giving the root password "tryton".. that is including the yast firewall !

I have been trying turn the table by attempting to login as root and even to some point ssh the box and try to use "startx"  to get a graphical session on root account but so far so bad! i have edited various files in relation to display and root login, but still no success.

i have used Ubuntu for quit some time now and i have pulled this root user unlock so many times but guess the security guys at suse realy went an extra mile.

any suggestions on another way to access the firewall and the other graphical apps?

I actually tried the "netstat -tupan | grep 8000" command and it seems like the server is listening at port 8000