[Health] Codes for Imaging Tests

From: Khurram Shahzad
Subject: [Health] Codes for Imaging Tests
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 11:54:23 +0500

Dear All,

While configuring Imaging Tests in GNU Health, for every test a Code is required. Should this be the code defined in ICD-PCS for that specific imaging procedure or it should be some other local code for the identification of that imaging procedure.

For example, I am adding a imaging test "Plain Radiography of Skull" which is already defined in ICD-PCS under code "BN00ZZZ". Now should I use "BN00ZZZ" as code while adding this test?

I think, we should attach every imaging test, defined in our system, with ICD-PCS using the code. Further, it would be nice if we can search from ICD while entering code during addition of imaging tests.

Your thoughts/ideas are more than welcome!

--

Regards,
Khurram.