Re: [Health] online seminar GNU Health: Philosophy and Main - Recorded S

From: Mostafa Ahangarha
Subject: Re: [Health] online seminar GNU Health: Philosophy and Main - Recorded Session
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 15:49:32 +0430

Hi

would it be possible to edit the GNUHealth-HELINA-SAHIA videos in that way, so that there are only the voices of host and presenter and the slides in the video? Without chat and without any webcams

Yes! Of course it is possible. It can be done for previous session as well. There was no presentation but voice can be shared.

... if somebody speaks in between (like Adi did) just edit and cut (or if there is a question that is helpful for the topic than write it with subtitles)? And if presenter or host make a slip ot the tongue, would it be possible to edit this sequence?

It is possible. But I think it is too extreme. My view is that the event is a public one. Recording and publishing such events is not the same as recording and publishing a private event. Just for being more clear, It can be announced before the program that this program is public and it is being recorded and published. We can ask people to tell the event manager if they have some concern regarding recording and publishing of some particular part of the session.

Of course we can think about how to modify some part (like some error is spelling or sharing wrong info and so on). two weeks ago, in an event, the presenter spelled GTK as JTK throughout the session. Later in editing, we put visual notice at the first occurrence of misspelling.

Still, we can do what you said. The person can demand for going off the record (which makes no sense in a public event) and we all have some degree of common sense to address that request. :)

And of course, at the end host and presenter decide definitely if they want to have it published.

I think this can be done both at the beginning and end. And for sure if somebody wants to do something else, can do. One can come, record, publish and even alter the video in a way it gives wrong information to the public. We are not in that route. We want to share what is worth to be shared to public. Otherwise, so much valuable information gets vanished right after the session ends.

--
Regards,
Mostafa Ahangarha