Re: compiling with BerkeleyDB installed in /usr/local...

From: Thomas Glanzmann
Subject: Re: compiling with BerkeleyDB installed in /usr/local...
Date: 9 Jan 2003 01:09:26 GMT

> I'm trying to compile cfengine, but I have BerkeleyDB installed in
> /usr/local, not /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3.  Is there a good reason for
> cfengine not supporting this configuration?
>
> The standard method for testing this would be to attempt to compile a
> snippet of code using the configured LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS, but instead
> cfengine just looks for the actual directory '/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3'.
> I personally can't stand it when applications force me to install tools
> the way they want me to (openssl being a good example of a tool that likes
> to do this), so I'm wondering if it will break anything if I just modify
> the configure script to not have this requirement.
>
> I'd like to see this fixed in the long term, but I'm not familiar enough
> with how autoconf and such work to be able to make the patch myself.

There is no need to fix anything. Read the help instead. Or the scripts I send
you. Or whatever.

./configure --with-berkeleydb=/usr/local \
        --with-openssl=/path/to/openssl

Get __sure__ that there is a /usr/local/include/db.h and a
/usr/local/include/libdb.a

Same for openssl.

Greetings,
        Thomas
--
Rathsbergerstrasse 28     D-91054 Erlangen / Burgberg     +49 (0) 9131 - 614720