Re: compiling 2.0.5b1 on Solaris 8

From: Thomas Glanzmann
Subject: Re: compiling 2.0.5b1 on Solaris 8
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:16:47 +0100

* Darren Nguyen <dnguyen@talaris.com> [030210 06:37]:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I looked at your posting. Still kind of lost about how to compile cfengine
> still.
> I have the Openssl and DB package installed already from sunfreeware. I run
>
> ./configure --with-berkeleydb=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB
> --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl

Hrm. The paths you provided you provided to configure look a litle bit strange.
Check if /usr/local/BerkeleyDB/lib and /usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include and
/usr/local/ssl/lib and /usr/local/ssl/include do exist. If not the above
configure Statement your provided must be changed into something more
reasonable.

In /usr/local/BerkeleyDB/lib should be a db.a and in
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include should be a db.h. The same for openssl only that
the files:

libssl.a libcrypto.a and ssl.h

So check if the directories exist if thet not try the following first

./configure --with-berkleydb=/usr/local --with-openssl=/usr/local

If that does not work search for the file names and send a list with them back
to the list.

And please send your configure output and the test that fails with ... so that
we have a chance.

> That should be correct. I have compile many different applications with
> berkeley db and ssl and they work.  Is it something to do with static and
> dynamic libraries?
Nope.

Greetings,
        Thomas