AllowRedefinitionOf

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: AllowRedefinitionOf
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:49:21 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,

I've got a short cfengine script that behaves differently when running as
root vs. another user:

control:

   AllowRedefinitionOf = ( test )

   actionsequence = ( shellcommands )

   test = ( "THIS" )
   test = ( "IS" )

shellcommands:
   "/bin/echo [$$] ${test}"

When this runs as root, I get:

sycamore:tmp/cftest2:10: Warning: Redefinition of macro test=IS

but when running as a normal user, I don't get that error.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here, or is this a bug that's been
fixed in 2.0.5 or something?  I feel kinda retarded, because I know this
is supposed to work, but every machine on my network is generating output
with this warning, and it's starting to get to me.

Thanks,
Luke

--
If a `religion' is defined to be a system of ideas that contains
unprovable statements, then Godel taught us that mathematics is not