Re: logwatch scripts for cfengine

From: Yaroslav Halchenko
Subject: Re: logwatch scripts for cfengine
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 01:21:54 -0400

>       What do you mean here?  Do you mean a logwatch module that
> interprets messages that cfengine puts in syslog?
yeap - messages like
May  3 00:18:39 ravana cfenvd[16647]:  Couldn't stat
/var/lib/cfengine2/state/cf_incoming.netbiosns, which needed editing!

btw - what does this message really mean? ;-)

>       I use Logwatch, but as soon as I have the resources, I'll get it
> rewritten to deal with multiple hosts logging to a central server to cut
> down on the number of e-mails we receive.  Kirk (Logwatch lead) has agreed
> to this in principle, but this was a few years back.
that would be great! Logwatch is a nice tool and it saved me already a
lot of time. i've found its design too inflexible but the set of scripts
provided with it is very tasty ;-)

Centralization would be of great benefit for it

--
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark