[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Thu, 19 May 2005 15:23:23 -0700
For some reason I had it in my head that copy:'s
server=server1:server2 iteration would give me failover type
functionality. But when I tried it I discovered that while it does
failover very nicely to server2 when server1 is available, it also
uses server2 even if server1 is available. Iteration, not failover.
Does anyone use the server= iteration? I'm not seeing how it would be
used the way it currently works. Changing it to stop at the first
successful server seems much more useful to me.
I'm aware of copy:'s failover= field, but it seems like I would have
to double my quantity of copy statements and add a whole bunch of
AddInstallable definitions in order to use it. Seems awkward. I just
want it to use one of a list of servers.
Tod Oace, Intel Corporation <address@hidden>
- server iteration,
Tod Oace <=
- Re: server iteration, Alexander Jolk, 2005/05/20
- Re: server iteration, Alexander Jolk, 2005/05/23
- Re: server iteration, Tim Nelson, 2005/05/25
- RE: server iteration, Luke Youngblood, 2005/05/25
- RE: server iteration, Tim Nelson, 2005/05/26
- Re: server iteration, Tod Oace, 2005/05/25