Re: schedule parameter?

From: Marco van Beek
Subject: Re: schedule parameter?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:56:44 +0100

Hi Paul,

It occurs to me that if cfagent is run by cfexecd with a splay time, the Min00_05 might be too narrow a band.

Regards,

Marco.

Paul Krizak wrote:
We're running cfengine here at AMD to maintain about 10,000 systems. Until recently we've been running cfagent only once - during installation - to configure the system. We're now trying to make the next step of running cfexecd on systems to maintain configuration.

Only problem is that apparently the "schedule" parameter is being very strange.

I want cfagent to run at 7am every morning. So I have this statement in my control section:

    schedule = ( Hr07 Min00_05 )

With the presumption that cfagent ANDs the time classes together (the docs are very very tight-lipped about how to specify time classes). What this ended up doing, however, was to make cfagent run at the top of the hour, every hour, and continuously for an hour (over and over and over again) during the 7:00 hour. So apparently the time classes are ORed, and cfagent doesn't seem smart enough to know to only run once during a particular time period.

How do I tell cfengine to run *ONCE* at 7am, and only *ONCE* per day?