RE: No reliable outputs in 2.1.15 ?

From: Ed Brown
Subject: RE: No reliable outputs in 2.1.15 ?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:30:06 -0600

> > Also, cfexecd doesn't send any mail unless the output
> > differs from the previous run,

> Hmmm.  Is the fact that cfexecd doesn't send any mail unless the output
> differs documented somewhere?

Wow, thanks for spelling this out!  No, I don't think it is documented,
and I can't remember it being mentioned here before (though it could
have gone by unnoticed).

Usually no mail from cfengine is a Good Thing, but lately I've also been
trying to use 'alerts:' and been frustrated about the seemingly
inconsistent results.  A lot of pieces just fell into place.

And thanks for the $(date) suggested workaround.

-Ed