help-debbugs

Re: controlling how long before archiving?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: controlling how long before archiving?
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 10:14:29 +0100

Felix Lechner via "General discussion for the tracker at
debbugs.gnu.org" <help-debbugs@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Karl,

Hi Felix,

>> Consensus about what?
>
> Consensus about deploying a fork of Debbugs. We effectively already do
> so [2] with 170 commits on top of upstream.
>
>> If you have the time and energy to do the work, I think you get to
>> decide ... within reason, anyway.
>
> There was no consensus whether I could fork the Debbugs currently
> deployed for GNU, or whether I should upgrade to the latest Debbugs
> upstream version.

debbugs.gnu.org in its current incarnation was set up by Emacs
developers. Emacs and Guix are the largest projects which use this
server.

If we need a consensus, we shall involve at least the Emacs
maintainers. Personally, I do not speak for the Emacs project.

I said it already, but again: I very much appreciate your energy and
effort you spend on this!

> Kind regards
> Felix

Best regards, Michael.