help-debbugs

Re: Migrating to the latest Debbugs version

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Migrating to the latest Debbugs version
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 19:49:29 +0200

> Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 06:07:48 -0800
>
> Hi,
>
> Here is my plan to migrate debbugs.gnu.org to the latest upstream
> version:
>
> 1. Square 'gnu-reconstruction' branch with what's currently deployed.
> 2. Deploy that branch in a VM running GNU Guix.
> 3. Redirect all HTTP traffic to that VM.
> 4. Migrate email infrastructure to the new VM.
>
> Once that's complete, I'd like to rebase our GNU patches onto the latest
> Debbugs version and then repeat steps 2 to 4.

Felix, would you please explain what this means in practice for us the
users of debbugs in order to handle Emacs bugs?  Specifically, should
we expect any changes in the HMI or UX from using the debbugs Web
interface?  What about the directives accepted by
control@debbugs.gnu.org -- will they remain unchanged or not?  In
short, any expected changes from this migration on the user level?

Thanks.