help-debbugs

Re: Migrating to the latest Debbugs version

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Migrating to the latest Debbugs version
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 11:35:22 -0800

Hi Eli,

On Mon, Jan 15 2024, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I understand that you don't know what are those user-visible changes?
> But expect them to be minimal, if at all?

Yes.

To illustrate that effort, I'm currently comparing the HTML served for
all ~65,000 bugs to make sure they are the same.

> Mostly the frequently used commands: tags, severity, close, merge,
> forcemerge, reopen.

I believe those commands are still available in the latest version, with
the functionality you expect.

> whether we should expect the switch to cause any surprises to people
> who use the Web UI every day, and if such changes are expected, to
> know in advance what kind of changes to expect.

Any significant style changes would be presented for discussion ahead of
time.

> I understand from what you say that the changes should be minimal, if
> not nil.

Yes, that is my hope.

Kind regards
Felix