MSVC project file added to flex

From: Motiwala, Yusuf
Subject: MSVC project file added to flex
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:19:11 +0530

hi,

Since MSVC makefile/project option does not exist in latest flex distribution, can you add this in flex distribution. Pls see http://www.geocities.com/ymotiwala/flex.html

Here is snapshot of the page.

Regards.
Yusuf

Building Flex for/with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and .Net

Yusuf Motiwala < address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden> >

Building flex on MSVC does not require any code changes. You only require proper project/workspace files [Download <flexmsvc.zip>, ~10KB]

Flex-2.5.4\MISC\MSVC\
-Flex
-Flexlib
-InitScan
-TestProject

Using Flex with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and .Net
You need to setup custom build rules to compile your lex files. See TestProject in MISC\MSVC\TestProject directory [right click on example.l, ->Settings]. It compiles sample lex file and generates a win32 console application

I also made a test application which integrates flex with MSVC. Send me an e-mail and I will send you details.
Problem??
Write me and I will try to help you as far as I can.
Yusuf Motiwala < address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden> >

Regards,
Yusuf