RE: MSVC project file added to flex

From: Wayne Green
Subject: RE: MSVC project file added to flex
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:41:21 -0600

I sometimes build GNU projects with the Microsloth compiler. The main issue with
Microsloth environments is the lack of a ./configure mechanism that the MSDOS
casual programmer can understand. I would recommend including a
config.h.msdos file that meets the MSDOS requirements, in its own directory
and a readme.msdos that says to use it. (A configure.bat file in the
msdos directory might be ok). There are reasonable GNU make program ports
that can be acquired and used, the readme.msdos file might mention
a few places.
http://www.ouc.bc.ca/cosc/courses/F1999/cosc222/djgpp.html
mak377b.zip is one. See Google for others.

I sometimes run ./configure on an ix86 linux machine, hand hack the
config.h file and move that around. Then beat down the occasional error
messages and viola a working ported Linux program on my MSDOS machine
with the MS C/C++ compiler.

My Microsloth dev environment is emacs, MKS make with cl. I eschew IDEs.

--Wayne

Wayne Green         InfoSavvy, LLC
address@hidden

hear-hear..