Re: can't tag module w/ PCL-CVS in Emacs 21.2

From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: can't tag module w/ PCL-CVS in Emacs 21.2
Date: 21 Oct 2002 09:36:35 -0400

>> Hmmm... I thought I had been very careful to explain that it is a complement
>> to VC and a replacement only to VC-dired.
> Sorry, I misread.

That probably indicates that it's miswritten.  If you could provide us
with a rewritten version of the text which wouldn't confuse you, it would
be most helpful.

> I find no ' *cvs-tmp*' buffer in the buffer list.  Is there some
> way to turn it on?

Never use the buffer list for such debugging things.  Use C-x b instead.
After all, you don't debug all the time, so you don't want those things to
clutter the buffer-list.
More specifically, the leading space acts very much like a leading .
in file names.

>> Are you sure bash and Emacs run the same `cvs' executable ?
> Yes, Cygwin mounts
> d:\tools\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin so /usr/bin = /bin
> a symbolic link in /bin/cvs points to d:\bin\cvs.exe

Instead of reasoning I generally prefer to replace the executable
with another one and see if it is changed in the same way in both
cases.  I don't trust my ability to reason about such things.

        Stefan