GTK2 support in Emacs 21.3.1?

From: D. D. Brierton
Subject: GTK2 support in Emacs 21.3.1?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:44:44 +0100

I remember that a while ago GTK2 support was committed to Emacs CVS. Did
that make it into 21.3.1, or is it not ready for primetime yet? I'm just
asking because I'm running Red Hat Linux 9, and I grabbed and installed
the 21.3.1 packages from Rawhide (they install and run wothout problems,
if anyone else was pondering doing the same) and it is still compiled with
the old (Athena?) toolkit. Should I send an email to RH suggesting they
try enabling the GTK2 stuff, or is that not ready yet? (If it isn't, is
there a guesstimate when it might be ready?)

Also, is there any way yet to get Emacs 21.3.1 to use anti-aliased fonts
that the recent versions of XFree86 allow for?

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@dzr-web.com           www.dzr-web.com