Re: plain printing

From: Keith O'Connell
Subject: Re: plain printing
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:21:25 GMT

    RT> The exact command Emacs should give to print the file is:-

    RT> pr -F filename | lpr

    RT> Check what this does at the shell and check what lpr-buffer
    RT> does in Emacs.  If it doesn't produce the right result its
    RT> still probably a print setup problem.  You may have set the
    RT> paper size to letter in your print setup where it should be
    RT> A4.

This is a little further forward as the pr -F filename | lpr also
pusehes out the spare page. I see that the pr -F option is designed to
do form feed, but this can't be what is meant, all these spare
pages. Am I right in assuming that the system page size is set in
/etc/papersize? If so it says a4.

Any suggestions?

--
Keith.
 [Debian (stable) & GNU Emacs 21.2.1 - Gnus v5.9.0]