Re: Reference for using DDE in emacs.

From: Barman Brakjoller
Subject: Re: Reference for using DDE in emacs.
Date: 19 Jun 2003 04:43:21 -0700

> You can use DDE commands to manipulate a DDE compliant application
> from Emacs (if that is what you want). The key function here is
> call-process-region. Here is an example, which closes all the
> documents in Acrobat when executed from within Emacs. Hope this helps,

This is a little bit off-topic, but can you still do cool stuff using
DDE? Seems like COM/DCOM, OLE and bla bla has replaced it, or is stuff
still going on in the background using DDE? I know that Internet
Explorer uses it for some things for example. Any good sources? It is
always nice to be able to control things from emacs.