Re: INFORMAL SURVEY: blinking cursor

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: Re: INFORMAL SURVEY: blinking cursor
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:28:40 GMT

Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@glug.org> writes:

> * have you tried using emacs w/ the blinking box cursor?

Yes; it is the default, and I have left it on.

> * do you find it uncomfortable?

No.

> * do you use another shape cursor (such as vertical bar)?

No.

> * how do the shape and the blinking affect your (dis)comfort?

I find the default helpful because it makes the cursor maximally
conspicuous.  I think I would like it to blink a little faster.  I
wish I could make the Windows mouse pointer blink too; I continually
lose it.

> * is cursor blinking a feature you would be inclined to
>   change during an editing session?  if so, how often?

No.

> * how do the number of frames visible and the blinking affect
>   your (dis)comfort?  (again, looking for correlation info.)

I never have >1 frame visible.
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  Having a car is like having a second body -- one that is  :||
||:  always sick.                                              :||