Re: Cursor position in pixels

From: PT
Subject: Re: Cursor position in pixels
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 19:19:40 +0100

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 16:35:53 -0500, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

In order to position the popup frame correctly I need to know the position
of the cursor in pixels relative to the top/left corner of the current
Emacs frame. I couldn't find anything like that in the documentation. Is
it possible?

posn-at-point gives you that information, but it's only available in
Emacs-CVS.

Currently, I use set/mouse-pixel-position for determining the position of the cursor.
It seems it also takes the fringe into account as a column.

(set-mouse-position (selected-frame) 0 0) moves the mouse cursor to the first line in the fringe column.

I don't really know if it's intentional or a bug. Does posn-at-point do the same?