Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:49:13 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:22:38 +0100
From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se>
CC: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

When, on Windows, Emacs writes to a port such as PRN or to a share
name such as \\server\printer, as if they were normal files, this
creates a printer job that passes through a series of processors (see
the URL above) and only in the end is sent through the wire to the
physical device.

Could you give a more specific description of where to find this? I can only find something about using those ports for local printing.

Go to this URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prdl_pif_dwfo.asp

and then look in the section Printing Processes.
Thanks, but that was on of the pages I have been reading. It is a good overview to start with. I am however looking for something about where in that picture something like

   c:\> copy file.txt \\host-name\queue-name

ties in. (Or dito using LPT1 etc.) That page I mentioned in another message (Print Job Formats) is at the bottom of the content table to the left in the page above. Maybe that says a bit, but that is only guesses. I am missing some pieces of information here. Seems like we want more technical stuff.