Re: How to get rid of stock (standard) speedbar if do not have root acce

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: How to get rid of stock (standard) speedbar if do not have root access?
Date: 19 Dec 2006 03:31:52 -0800

christopherbalz wrote:
> I've got this Emacs:
>
>   GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll
> bars) of 2005-08-08 on tweety.build.redhat.com
>
>   and Speedbar 1.0pre3
>
> I notice from my Ubuntu system at home that 21.4 or so is the latest
> shipping version.

It's very little different from 21.3.  All it does is fix a remote hole
in one of the ancillary programs.  The new-new version is coming soon
though, it's in pretest as far as I know.

> Interestingly, on re-start of Emacs and just a few operations,
> including using the speedbar with jde and pulling up javadoc in a web
> browser from c-c c-v c-w at point, there is no error.

Without more information it's hard to see that problem.  It could be
that the path to speedbar needs to be in load-path.

>  In any case, the
> error is more of an inconvenience than anything more.

I see.