Re: Gnus: moving to the latest article in a thread

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Gnus: moving to the latest article in a thread
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:53:19 +0100

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 08 2009, Francis Moreau wrote:
>>
>>> I'm looking for a magic thread command which allows me to go to latest
>>> article in the current thread.
>>
>> Something like `9999 T d'?
>>

> Hmm, yes that would work if inside the thread, sub thread are sorted
> by date, I didn't think about this before.
>
> But if they're not, the only way to do that is to keep a list of all
> articles in the thread and to sort this list by date (most recent
> first). So that last article is the first article in the list
> etc... the prefix would be just the index in the list.
>
> thanks for your function.

I am interested in the requirement here. Do you really go to the last
article in a thread? If so, a natural "first step" in reading a thread?
Would you really order a thread so latest article is first? It strikes
me as very unusual behaviour :-; Still, the wonderful Gnus can be
moulded to all tastes.

--
 important and urgent problems of the technology of today are no longer the
satisfactions of the primary needs or of archetypal wishes, but the reparation