Re: Gnus: moving to the latest article in a thread

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: Gnus: moving to the latest article in a thread
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 06:47:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 9, 11:53 am, Richard Riley <rileyrg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am interested in the requirement here. Do you really go to the last
> article in a thread? If so, a natural "first step" in reading a thread?
> Would you really order a thread so latest article is first? It strikes
> me as very unusual behaviour :-;

Well consider you have the following thread:

  +->
   |  +->
   |     +->

   +->
      +->
         +->

         +->
            +->
                   +->  <latest article>

And you want to reply to the latest article. How do you move to it ?
Of course you can move to it with various thread commands but not in
one shot.

> Still, the wonderful Gnus can be moulded to all tastes.

yes that's true, one thing that makes me still using gnus. Although
I don't speak elisp yet ;)

 But it has a high priority in my todo list.