emacs 23 gdb mouse set breakpoint

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: emacs 23 gdb mouse set breakpoint
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:55:58 +1200

 > But it's quite different on emacs 23 cvs on mac. When I try to set the
 > breakpoint using my mouse, the breakpoint would be set, but there is
 > no red dot on the left fringe. And I cannot remove the breakpoint
 > using mouse, if I try to click on the same location again, it will set
 > another breakpoint on the same spot again. It's quite annoying,
 > especially if you are used to the old way. I don't know if anybody is
 > having or had the same problem like this, is there anyway to make it
 > behave the old way?

I see this with Apple Gdb which comes with Mac OSX.  This version differs
slightly from FSF Gdb and is adapted for use with Apple's Xcode.  The latest
FSF Gdb in the repository (http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/) now
compiles on Darwin and Mac OSX and doesn't have the problems you see.  If you
don't want to build Gdb, the next version FSF Gdb will be 7.0 and it should be
released in June.