Re: remote file editing over ssh with emacs 22.3.1 on Windows

From: Chris Withers
Subject: Re: remote file editing over ssh with emacs 22.3.1 on Windows
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 17:57:28 +0100

Peter Dyballa wrote:

Why so complicated? You wrote before that you can't become root.

You weren't reading carefully, I'm afraid.

As is normal on all the unix systems I've worked on, the machines on which I need to edit files cannot be connected to as root.

However, often, the files I need to edit can only be edited by root.

So, I'm looking for a way to log in as one user and then sudo to root to edit those files.

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk