Re: gnus active file has been overwritten

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: gnus active file has been overwritten
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 02:38:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 8, 11:12 am, David Engster <d...@randomsample.de> wrote:
> Francis Moreau <francis.m...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Now I hate gnus !
>
> > It's the second time that I opened gnus and all my nnml groups and all
> > my remote groups are no more subscribted !
>
> > This happened because my active file is almost empty:
>
> > $ cat Mail/active
> > x.zz_mairix-search-1 4277 4274 y
>
> > So does anybody know why this happened at all and how I can restore my
> > previous active file ?
>
> Sorry for the problems you're having.

no problem.

> For rebuilding the active file, enter the server buffer by hitting "^",
> then go over the nnml server and hit "g" (regenerate).

OK, thanks.

> > I don't know if that helps but I saw this in my message buffer:
>
> > nnmairix-request-group: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, x
> > \.zz_mairix-search-1
>
> I thought I've fixed this. Are you using the latest version? In Gnus
> CVS, nnmairix should be revision 7.14, in Emacs CVS it's revision 1.13
> (which is also in the latest pretest, 23.0.95).

Hm, I got Emacs sources from git mirror at git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git.
Emacs version is GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 and it seems that nnmairix
revision is only 0.6, I read this from the header of lisp/gnus/
nnmairix.el. So it seems pretty old.

I'm going to update my emacs sources, but is revision 1.13 going to
fix the issue I encountered ?

[me updating emacs source]

OK I got EMACS_PRETEST_23_0_95 and the revision of nnmairix is still
0.6... but I'm not sure about which branch or tag I should use since
the repo branches/tags looks very messy IMHO.

Also I'm suprised about the difference between the revision from Gnus
CVS and Emacs CVS...

thanks