Re: gnus active file has been overwritten

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: gnus active file has been overwritten
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 11:53:12 +0200

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:
>> > I don't know if that helps but I saw this in my message buffer:
>>
>> > nnmairix-request-group: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, x
>> > \.zz_mairix-search-1
>>
>> I thought I've fixed this. Are you using the latest version? In Gnus
>> CVS, nnmairix should be revision 7.14, in Emacs CVS it's revision 1.13
>> (which is also in the latest pretest, 23.0.95).
>
> Hm, I got Emacs sources from git mirror at git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git.
> Emacs version is GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 and it seems that nnmairix
> revision is only 0.6, I read this from the header of lisp/gnus/
> nnmairix.el. So it seems pretty old.

I'm talking about the revisions which are shown by CVS, i.e. by "cvs log
nnmairix.el". The "0.6" is my old versioning before nnmairix was
included into Gnus. I know this is confusing; I should probably remove
that.

> I'm going to update my emacs sources, but is revision 1.13 going to
> fix the issue I encountered ?

I think so. I explicitly disabled the regeneration of the active file in
the latest version.

> OK I got EMACS_PRETEST_23_0_95 and the revision of nnmairix is still
> 0.6... but I'm not sure about which branch or tag I should use since
> the repo branches/tags looks very messy IMHO.

The 23.0.95 pretest contains the latest version.

> Also I'm suprised about the difference between the revision from Gnus
> CVS and Emacs CVS...

Well, those are different repositories, so they have different
versioning.

-David