Re: Please excuse this XEmacs user's desperation: smtpmail.el over SSL

From: Christian Dietrich
Subject: Re: Please excuse this XEmacs user's desperation: smtpmail.el over SSL
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:43:42 -0000

edburns <edburns@gmail.com> schrieb:
> I know this is GNU emacs, not XEmacs, but I've never had the chutzpa
> to migrate.  I'm very sorry.  Please excuse me.  If anyone can help me
> here, I would really be grateful.  I've spent many hours in edebug
> mode and still am no closer to a solution than when I started.
>=>  (open-network-stream "SMTP" process-buffer host port)

This line seems to just opening the TCP Connection, Can you `message'
the host/port or see it in the debugger (I never tried edebug, but i
think i shoul). Can you connect there with netcat/telnet?

> Can anyone help me here?  I mean, open-network-stream is just opening
> a simple TCP connection.  That happens before SSL is established,
> right?

Work around:
If you have ssh connection to an server were sendmail is working
properly:

Set the sendmailprogramm to `ssh host /usr/sbin/sendmail'. Works for
me perfectly.

greetz didi
--
No documentation is better than bad documentation
-- Das Ausdrucken dieser Mail wird urheberrechtlich verfolgt.