Re: c/c++ project management and debugging

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: c/c++ project management and debugging
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 02:28:48 +0100

Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca@gmail.com> writes:

> yes i already have cedet installed and working, but i would rather not
> write makefiles by hand. i understand there is also autoconf that can
> be used to generate makefiles, possible that's a better way to go,
> still i don't feel like investing the time to learn about autoconf at
> this point and time

There is also cmake otherwise.
The problem is that or
- you learn a bit the autoconf skills you need (doesn't take long)
  and finally write your own build systems
- you'll be stuck forever with what other people (microsoft/cedet)
  thik is a good idea, and normally it isn't

Using emacs I think it doesn't make any sense to look for tools that
write makefiles for you...

> yes i discovered this gdb setting on the emacs-fu blog, however i have
> 2 questions
>
> 1) when i have EBC opened gdb-many-windows end up looking like a mess,
> is there a way to get it to work with EBC?
>
> 2) i can't figure out how to set breakpoint, can't i simple click
> someone in the source window to add a bp?

For a breakpoint you can click, use the space bar or the standard gdb:
"b File.cpp:#line" or "b Class::function"